Vegan Ramen soup
A quick way to make satisfying home made ramen soup.
- 3/4 Cups Water
- 1 piece Kombu (dried kelp)
- 16 oz Firm Tofu
- 16 oz Enoki Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp Toasted white sesame seeds
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 Green Onion (whites)
- 2 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tsp doubanjiang (spicy chilly broad bean paste)
- 2 tsp miso
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 cup Soy milk (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Vegtable Broth Or vegan dashi
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash White pepper powder
- 1 serving Ramen noodles
- 1 Frozen/Canned Corn
- Green onion (green part)
- Vegetarian Kimchi
- Soak kombu in 3/4 cup of water for 30 mins, transfer liquid to a saucepan and put on low heat.
- Add vegetable broth (or vegan dashi)
- Before it boils remove kombu turn off the heat and set aside.
- Crush sesame seeds
- Slice and mince garlic and ginger
- Cook sesame oil, garlic, ginger, green onions (white part) on medium low heat.
- Add doubanjiang, and miso to saucepan and stir to avoid burning/scorching.
- Add in ground sesame seeds and soy sauce.
- Slowly add in the soymilk and mix.
- Add in the Kombu water and vegetable broth.
- Add in mushrooms and tofu.
- Add white pepper/salt to taste.
- On the side cook the Ramen noodles separately using the directions on the package.
- When noodles are cooked/ready drain and transfer to soup/serving bowl.
- Pour the hot ramen soup broth to the bowl.
- Add your personal toppings and enjoy!
This is a how to for cooking a vegan home made Ramen soup.